A young woman returned home one evening and found that her pet doberman was having trouble breathing. She quickly drove him to the vet, who examined the dog. The vet was unable to find the source of the problem, and the dog would need an operation.

The woman agreed to leave the dog with him overnight, and returned home alone.

An hour or two later, she headed towards her bedroom and paused when she noticed a few drops of blood at the door to the room.

Just then, her cell phone rang. She answered and was surprised to hear the voice of the vet, who insisted that she call the police immediately.

Confused, the woman tried to get some sense out of the man, who sounded panicked and alarmed.

The dog, the vet explained, had been choking on a severed human finger that had become lodged in its throat.

By the time the police arrived, it was too late.